Which this Beat Making Software is Best
DrDrum has been around for a good while now and lately has been making a lot of noise in the music world as a great tool for beginners who want to make beats. Comes with everything you need to get started with lots of pro features, sounds and samples. Lots of in depth video tutorials included which makes it a great program for the price.
At $29.95 it’s a great entry level beat making software for any skill level. I have personally been using this software a LOT lately mainly because it is just so easy to use and I can pump out beats fast! Without a doubt, it is one of the best beat making software in the market.
Price: $29.95 via DrDrum.com
How to Make Beats On Your Computer
To make beats on your computer you will need a few things – A computer or laptop, dj software and speakers! This of course is a very basic set up BUT to be honest it is all you need especially if you’re a beginner or intermediate musician.
The Computer: Not all software is created equal, some require more space and resources than others. So if you have a computer or laptop that has very little resources, memory or power you will not be able to use some programs because most of them are HUGE and take up a lot of your computers resources.
In saying that, most of today’s computers have all the specs and resources to run most large music making software with ease.
The Speakers: I use a pair of Mackie CR3 3-Inch Creative Reference Multimedia Monitors and if I’m up late I use a pair of headphone I picked up for $20.
You can use standard speakers that come with your computer but I much prefer mine as they produce much higher quality sound. It will all depend on your budget but to be honest there is no need to spend over $100 on speakers just for beat making.
The Software: In my 11 years of being a music producer I’ve had the opportunity to try a lot of programs. Going back 7 years ago music software was a lot more expensive and the most popular software back then was FL Studio(Fruity Loops) and it sold for over $200.
Fast forward to today and the market is flooded with music production software! For us, this is a good thing because it’s created competition between brands and that means price wars. These days you can pick up a good program that has all the bells and whistles for well under $50. ( I use DrDum Beat Maker Software , maybe the best beat making software, which only cost $29.95 to make my beats )
What is the BEST Beat Maker Software For Beginners?
Most people think you have to spend hundreds of dollars on software, studio gear and hardware to sound pro. But with today’s technology that’s all just B.S! Don’t be fooled into spending hundreds on dj software – Especially if you’re a beginner!
One software I recommend to anyone who is just starting is DrDrum. It’s easy to use, has a tonne of sounds and effects and works on most low end computers(Both Windows and Mac).
DrDrum would have to be one of the more popular and best music making software under $50 in my opinion. It’s perfect for the beginner and also has the features and functionality for intermediate to advanced users. At $29.95 it’s a bargain!
Making beats is also pretty easy once you learn the basics and again, beat maker software not only makes it easy but it also teaches you how to make real music. A good beat maker like DrDrum will also come with video tutorials or lessons on how to make beats.
Good beat making software will also come with plenty of sounds and effects plus all the features you need to smash out studio quality beats.
All of this might sound a little overwhelming but honestly you’re going to be shocked at just how easy it is to make a beat.
I remember when I first started beat making, I showed some of my friends and they where so blown away with how cool it was and really it was a simple 16 bar beat made on an old beat up computer. Just imagine what your friends or family will think after showing off your creations.
Other Good Beat Making Software
I’ve personally used a LOT of programs to make music in my time and man do I wish the software that is available today was available back when I first started! Making beats is just so much easier and less time consuming these days….
- DrDrum Beat Maker Software
- BTV Solo Music Production Software
- FL Studio(Fruity Loops)
- Dubturbo Beat Software
1. DrDrum – BEST Beat Making Software #1 Choice – If you want something that is super easy to use, comes loaded with hundreds of sounds and samples, a huge list of features and frustration free then Dr Drum is definitely worth giving a go. Possible some of the BEST video tutorials available that teach you step by step how to make your first beat to making a full track. You’ll learn the basics then more advanced music production using beat maker software and other musical instruments. Make sure you check it out, well worth the money!
2. BTV Solo – Other of my personal favourites and what I use almost daily! I’ve been playing around with some dubstep tools lately and BTV Solo makes it easy to make wub wubs, wobbles and bass drops. It’s a complete package which is why it’s so popular. You can literally make ANY style of music you want. This software is very powerful at such a small price. Make hip hop, trance, dance, rap, dubstep, reggae, rock the list goes on and on and it really is limitless of what you can do with BTV Solo.
3. Dubturbo – Another beat sequencer very similar to DrDrum only a little less functionality. Dubturbo is definitely worth mentioning though which is why I included it this list. Also has a lot of video tuts and it’s becoming very popular since I first checked it out at the start of 2013. If you want to compare it against the other beat makers I’ve listed feel free by visiting their official page –
4. FL Studio – I think it’s safe to say that EVERYONE has heard of FL Studio or Fruity Loops. I’t definitely the most popular beat maker around these days but it does come with a bit of a learning curve. The reason I don’t recommend newbies start out with FL Studio is it can be a little hard to learn. Most people get frustrated or overwhelmed by the amount of features it has and the interface is a little hard to get used to. But for you more advanced beat makers out there, FL Studio is a very powerful music tool. It does also come at a higher price and they also have extra costs for plugins and extra sounds etc…Something to think about before buying it.
The Best Beat Making Software I Use..
To be honest I use a combination of 2 different programs. I still use FL Studio from time to time but I always tend to use DrDrum and that’s because it’s so easy to pump out beats fast. Because I make and sell beats it’s important for me to produce tracks fast without losing any quality.
Since using DrDrum I’ve probably sold 3 x what I did with FL Studio.
Discount Codes For Music Production Software
We’ll be adding discounts and promo codes for all popular beat makers so be sure to save this page.
Want to go mobile with your beat making? Check out our list of best beat making apps for iPads