If you’re anything like me then you LOVE your mac! The only problem is it can be a little hard to find a good app especially when it comes to making beats.
Most music production software developers for some reason only create programs for windows computers which makes finding a good beat maker for Macs a pain in the ass!
Lucky for YOU, I’ve already done the hard work of searching around reading reviews and trying out various types of music software. So, if you want to make beats with a mac then hopefully you’ll find some good beat makers and a few tips on making beats on this page.
I’m going to start with my personal favorite and what I recommend to those who are just starting out. This app is also great if you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on software. Ohhh while I’m talking about money..You don’t need to spend HUNDREDS of dollars on a beat maker! I’ve already been there and done that and truthfully, if I knew what I do know I would have saved my self LOTS of money.
Ok, so here is my fav and what I use pretty much on a daily basis – BTV Solo music production software. It works on both Mac and Windows computers, comes with hundreds of sounds and effects so you can make them beats fresh and it’s dirt cheap! It’s an instant download and will only cost you $39.95 Now you compare that to other apps which retails for over $299 and they both have pretty much the same features.
In fact, BTV Solo has more sounds and it’s a one time payment! No need to buy extra plugins or monthly subscriptions…Yes some software charge a monthly fee! And that’s the reason why I switched to BTV Solo because I got sick of paying for extras. Here is a look at just some of the features BTVSolo has to offer –
- Quantize, Record Modes, Swings, & Bar Structures.
- Modifying of. WAV submits & Autochop.
- Create Effects, Delays, and Reverbs.
- Strike, Decay, Sustain, and Release.
- Precise Set Structure and Key spanning.
- Pitch, Skillet, Cutoff, and Vibration each Sound.
- Includes a Custom Package Contractor Method.
- Has a Customized Tool Mode.
- The Track Mode Is Smart and Efficient.
- On-Board Quick Effects and Mastering Set!
- Inflection & Pitch Wheels!
- Audio: 24bit / 16bit / 44.1kHz: sampling, playback and export.
- 16 tracks with playable mute and solo functions to create patterns that can be performed and remixed on the fly.
- Controller Options: Trigger sounds and functions using your computer keyboard, or any compatible MIDI controller.
Trust me, if you want to make sick beats then BTV Solo is a must see!
Here is another great beat making app that works on Mac computers and that is DUBturbo 3.0 It’s almost double the price of BTVSolo but has a few more features to boot. At the time of writing this article it was selling for $69.95 (click here to see if it’s still on sale).
Dubturbo 3.0 has 3000 sounds and samples which is more than enough for any beginner or intermediate beat maker. You also get the 16 track sequencer, a 10 pad drum sampling machine, 4 octave sampling keyboard plus many more features(way to many to list) and it’s also a one time payment. Dubturbo is very popular among Windows users but it works very well on a Mac as well.
Both programs are very similar but each have a different interface and one has a few extras compared to the other. It will be up to you which you’d prefer so do check them both out to see if they are something you would be interested in. Again, both work on PC and Mac computers and are great for beginners to advanced producers.
Hope this helps you find a beat maker so you can learn how to make beats on your mac. Enjoy the day and go make some beats!