If you want to make and record your own music as a musician, producer or for a hobby then you will need music production software so you can put your songs together.
Without some kind of music production software you wont be able to combine your instrumentals, lyrics or master your tracks to sound professional. The use of music software makes the whole process so much faster, easier and hassle free.
With the right software, you can bring your tracks to life making them sound professional without the frustration. With today’s technology music production is so much more affordable.
Gone are the days where one would have to spend hundreds if not a few thousand to digitally master their tracks. These days you can create amazing music for a fraction of the cost because you do not need studio equipment, hardware or pay a qualified music producer to produce your tracks.
Below are some of the most popular music production software available in 2015
Music Production Software For Mac & Windows
|Product Name||User Rating||Website|
Best selling DAW, award
winning music software.
LOTS of features!
Under $40 – Free updates!
| ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ 5/5
Powerful music production
software, multi-track recording
|★ ★ ★ ★ 4/5||Acoustica.com|
Professional features, additional
plugins cost extra. Great for advanced
|★ ★ ★ ★ 4/5||Image-Line.com|
Super easy to use, lots of
professional features. Very affordable.
|★ ★ ★ 3/5|| DrDrum.com
Other more advanced music production programs like Massive, Ableton Live and Pro Tools can be very time consuming to learn. If you’re interested and want to learn music production and engineering you could try these online and downloadable tutorials at Lynda.com
Music Production Tips
Here are some tips for those who want to learn more about music production.
- Follow your passion and never let anyone tell you that you can’t make it in this industry.
- Find out what you’re best at and focus on those areas. Find your strong and weak points.
- Don’t be scared of failure! If you fail, learn from your mistakes and come back stronger.
- Use the right tools – Find music production software, hardware and equipment that is right for you.
- Surround yourself with other producers, musicians and people who are influential. Join communities and music production forums.
- Don’t be scared of change. As technology changes it’s important to keep up to date or you may just be left behind.
- Stay organised! Very important tip for music production. Keep your work area tidy and organised as well as your files on your hard dive.
- Don’t be scared to challenge yourself. This is how you grow as a producer.
- Break the rules and don’t be scared to be or try something different.
- Last tip – ALWAYS backup your files and music.
I hope these tips help you in and if you find any of the music production software, tips or information shared on this website resourceful please share it on facebook, twitter or link to use on your blog.
Peace and good luck!